We are currently accepting self-nominations for 2019-2021 CCGSE/CCÉÉCSÉ President!
The deadline is September 16, 10:00pm EST.
1- Terms of Office: The position is for two years (2019 – 2021) beginning as the last item of business during the 2019 CCGSE/CCÉÉCSÉ AGM to be held at the University of British Columbia during the CSSE/SCÉÉ Annual Conference https://csse-scee.ca/conference/
2- Job Description:
– to preside at meetings of the Executive Committee
– to exercise general direction over the activities of CCGSE
– to represent CCGSE before other Associations
– as an ex-officio member of all committees of the Association
– to arrange the Annual Business Meeting
– to establish or discontinue standing ad hoc committees as necessary to conduct business of CCGSE
3- Electronic Nomination Process
A) Only graduate students registered at Canadian universities are eligible to hold office.
B) The Call for Nominations will be sent three times to all CCGSE members.
C) Each Nominee must provide a Statement of Intent that provides information about the Nominee’s research focus, leadership experience, and vision for their role in CCGSE. This Statement should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word document with a maximum of 250 words and sent as an email attachment with the words “CCGSE Nomination (PRESIDENT)” in the Subject line. Under no circumstances will the Elections Committee accept email received after the deadline above.
D) In order to appear on the ballot, each Candidate’s Nomination must be supported by 1- a Letter of Support from a current CCGSE/ CCÉÉCSÉ or CSSE/SCÉÉ member; and 2- a Letter of Support from a faculty member or past employer that highlights the nominee’s leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills. The Letters should be forwarded directly to email@example.com as Word documents to a maximum of 200 words and sent as an email attachment with the words “CCGSE/ CCÉÉCSÉ Supporting Letter (Name of Nominee)” in the Subject line.
4- Election Deadlines:
- August 27 – September 16 Calls for Nominations (3)
- September 16, 2018 @ 10:00 P.M. EST Nominations Close
- September 17, 2018 Election Opens through the online voting system (all graduate student members of CSSE eligible to cast ballots)
- September 21, 2018 @ 10:00 P.M. EST Election Ends
- September 24, 2018 Notification of Results to Candidates
- September 28, 2018 Candidates’ Confirmation of Notification
- October 1, 2018 Notification of Results to the CCGSE Executive, Membership, and the CSSE Directorate
Using the university email account where you are currently registered as a graduate student, please send Nominations and have Letters of Support sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding the position listed, or the nomination and election process, please contact Leena Yahia – email@example.com
Many thanks for your support and willingness to serve our community!